Latkes (placki ziemniaczane) are quick (under 60 minutes) easy, and inexpensive snack made for 2 people with potatoes and few ingredients. In order to prepare them, you will need 4 potatoes, 1 onion, salt, black pepper, 2 eggs, vegetable oil, flour, 2 spoons of chopped parsley, and green peppers (if you plan on adding them).
1. Peel, wash, and grate the potatoes using the electric potato grater or hand grater.
2. Add the finely chopped or grated onion to the grated potatoes. If you are making the latkes with green peppers, the peppers should be added at the same time as the onion.
3. Mix the 3 ingredients. If the mixture is a bit more fluid, pour out the excess liquid.
4. Add 2 eggs and the chopped parsley to the mixture and stir.
5. Add 1 table spoon of flour, and continue to add more flour until the mixture becomes consistent and all ingredients are combined together.
6. Add salt and black pepper for flavor.
7. Add vegetable oil to the skillet (patelnia) and warm it up until the oil is very fluid.
8. Place 2 to 3 pieces of the mixed dough, and fry the dough until both sides of the latkes are golden/brown.
9. Serve it with sour cream or apple sauce.
10. ENJOY!! – SMACZNEGO.
Do you have any favorite recipes that you would like to share with others? E-mail us and we will post them on our blog.
What is you favorite dish that’s quick, easy, and inexpensive?
If you have any questions relating to our products or whether you are looking for a Polish product, feel free to visit our retail stores, or contact us by phone or email us at info at domitp dot com.
Dom itp – European Houseware
1 E. Camp McDonald Rd.
Prospect Hts., IL 60076
6840 W. Belmont Ave.
Chicago, IL 60634
4747 N. Harlem Ave.
Harwood Hts., IL 60706
Dom itp – Garden & Hardware Center
5212 W. Belmont Ave.
Chicago, IL 60641